Start a Simply the Basics Chapter in your area!
The purpose of our Advocacy Chapters is to build a network of individuals and groups that are better equipped to serve the homeless community with dignity, encourage “smarter” donors & volunteers, and impact the wellbeing of the whole nation, one chapter at a time.
Every chapter involves volunteer opportunities, learning experiences, and welcomes you into a community of passionate and altruistic people.
Activities for Chapters:
- Hygiene Donation Drives
- Packing Days (Simply the Basics will provide totes, delivery plan, and how-to guide)
- Book Clubs – can be hosted nationally with the same novel, allowing a national conversation and posts/story telling.
- “Expert Led” luncheons, seminars, and panels from people in nonprofit and homelessness
- Happy Hours/Fundraising Events
- Mentorship Program
- Monthly Themes (Dental Hygiene Awareness month! Compete Across Chapters!)
- Outreach and Awareness opportunities, such as tabling at events and info days.
One point person will be the lead to begin an Advocacy Chapter. To qualify, that person will need to undergo an application process, a video conference interview, and provide a letter of recommendation. The individual must demonstrate ability to facilitate groups, events, and drives. (Minimum 1 year commitment).